We are in a Climate and Environmental Emergency, with time running out to address the many challenges that lie in front of us.
The ‘Pledge to Net Zero‘ has been established to commit organisations from the environmental sector to take a leadership role in the transition to a Net Zero carbon economy.
As a Pledge signatory, BJR Solutions Ltd commit to:
- Set and commit to deliver a greenhouse gas target in line with either a 1.5°C (encouraged) or well below 2°C climate change scenario – covering buildings and travel as a minimum.
- Publicly report greenhouse gas emissions and progress against this target each year.
- Publish one piece of research/thought-leadership each year on practical steps to delivering an economy in line with climate science and in support of net zero carbon.
In 2020, we set our specific targets to be:
- BJR Solutions Ltd will reduce its Scope 1&2 emissions by at least 60% by 2025, from a 2019 baseline.
- BJR Solutions Ltd will reduce its all-scopes emissions by at least 40% by 2025, from a 2019 baseline.
- To allow for possible year-on-year variations in business activity, the above targets will also apply to the 2024-25 annual averages, from 2018-19 averaged baselines.
To date, we have achieved the following progress:
2020 – Covid-19 led to massive reductions in business travel (and increased use of online meeting tools). Company car changed from ICE to full EV.